Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I backup email "Folders on My Computer" created by Microsoft Entourage on Mac OS X?

I like to store email in local folders for archival reasons, but I cannot figure out where Entourage stores them on disk to ensure I can back them up (e.g. occasionally burn them to CD).

How do I backup email "Folders on My Computer" created by Microsoft Entourage on Mac OS X?
when i did this i didn't set it for back-up. We ran all email to be archived in realtime. You'll have to set the policies and also the configurations to the folder your want. We used a completely off system network storage drove to be the archive location. whenever the email is stored in our network email server it gets carbon-copied to the archive folders, the archive are to be set as read and copy privileges only (FOR LEGAL REASONS), if you have to review a file just remotely access a copy and open it form a remote location. Note, that even as a business owner or security technition it is forbidden by law to access someone elses email without written consent. I found out the easy way. An asociate got fined for opening email from there email archives. I suggest you give access right to this archive location or folder you set up to only local access, with only a specific administrator whom has access rights from a specified location. I set my remote to a secured laptop, since it logs only the ip and MAC address, and I secured my networks for specified MAC addresses since ips aren't all static and MAC addresses don't change. I have the enterprise licence so I don't know if your version has that much security. I secure everything of mine. even my ipod is encrypted...don't ask, i am not allowed to explain. But stored email gets tricky, and even get s into legal and ethical issues. I do know we had to get alot of plug-ns and patches to get that thing running like it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


email folder © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting